Cyrus M. Press, M.D.
Orthopedic SurgeonContact Us >
A native of Chicago, Illinois, Dr. Press completed a bachelor of science degree in bioengineering at the University of Illinois, with minors in chemistry and philosophy in 2003. He obtained his medical degree in 2007, graduating with honors, from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, where he also served as class president. Dr. Press completed his residency in 2012 at the University of Illinois Medical Center where he was named Chief Resident of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Press specializes in orthopaedic shoulder and elbow reconstructive surgery at the NoVa Orthopedic & Spine Care division in Woodbridge, VA. He joined the practice after completing his fellowship in Houston, TX at the Houston Health Science Center. Dr. Press utilizes the latest techniques in arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and shoulder replacement. He has authored multiple papers on the treatment of shoulder injuries, total knee arthroplasty, and athletic sports and ankle injuries. He presented at national meetings on problems with rotator cuff repair and also serves as a reviewer of manuscripts for multiple orthopedic journals.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
Internship & Residency
- University of Illinois Medical Center â€“ Chicago, IL
- University of Texas Houston Health Science Center â€“ Houston, TX
Licenses & Boards
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- TX State Medical License 2012 – 2015
- MD State Medical License 2014 – 2015
- VA State Medical License 2013 – 2016