Robert J. Toomey III, DPM, AACFAS, DABPM
Podiatric SurgeonContact Us >
Dr. Robert J. Toomey III is a Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon. Dr. Toomey is well versed and has consistently performed cutting edge ankle and foot surgery. Currently he serves as the section chief of podiatric surgery at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.
He has advanced training and frequently performs arthroscopic procedures to the ankle and foot. In his surgical procedures, as well as in office, he has regularly employed bone marrow aspirate containing the patient’s own stem cells and amniotic stem cell therapy. Dr. Toomey has even had several prestigious opportunities to perform surgery on professional athletes.
Despite Dr. Toomey’s professional and surgical accolades, he believes in an initial conservative approach and tailoring treatment needs to each individual patient. Dr. Toomey performed his residency at the competitive and highly sought after Diabetic Limb Salvage program of the Georgetown University Hospital and Medstar Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Toomey was class President of his medical school and was granted externships at Harvard and Georgetown. While in college, Dr. Toomey lettered in collegiate football and understands the demanding needs of high-level athletes. Dr. Toomey also has a passion for lecturing to the medical community.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his two young children, as well as, being outdoors golfing or boating on the Chesapeake.
Dr. Toomey makes each individual patient feel like a priority and it his pleasure treating all of your surgical or nonsurgical needs.
- A. University of Redlands
- Podiatric School: California School of Podiatric Medicine
Internship & Residency:
- ResidencyMedstar Washington Hospital Center & Georgetown University Hospital
- Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Fellow American College of Podiatric Medicine
- Associate of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association Member
- Virginia Podiatric Medical Association Member